I’m Ben. Nice to meet you! Welcome to my online brain dumpings.
What’s this all about?
I’m a writer. That’s my main hustle. But I’m interested in a ton of different things and love solving problems.
If I have a problem and find the solution, I’m gonna share it here.
This website is here to help people with…
- Health and fitness
- Learning (languages mainly)
- And basically anything else I wanna talk about
To get you started, here are some of my most popular articles mixed in with my personal favourites.
- How To Write A Great Opening Line
- 10 Easy Ways To Break Out Of A Writing Funk
- 10 Tips That Will Instantly Improve Your Writing
- James Patterson Teaches Writing MasterClass Review
- 7 Questions Fiction Writers Can Ask To Improve Their Writing
- 10 Things Writers Can Learn From Haruki Murakami’s Norwegian Wood
- Wim Hof Method Review
- 11 Ways Writers Can Keep Fit
- How I Gained 40 lbs in 5 Months
- How I Cured The Worst Insomnia Of My Life
- 7 Lifestyle & Diet Hacks I Used To Stop My Stomach Problems
- 5 Lessons Learned From How To Fail At Everything And Still Win Big
- 18 Books Every 18-Year-Old Should Read (Human Being Syllabus)
- 7 Lessons Learned From Man’s Search For Meaning (Book Review)
- How To Find New Exciting Books & Learn About The World
- 18 Ways To Broaden Your Literary Horizons This Weekend
- See The World On Your Lunch Break: Japan
- 10 Ways To Retain More Of What You Read
- 7 Ways To Hack Your Life Through Reading
- How To Read Big Difficult Books
- What You Can Learn About Branding From A Premium Boutique Jewellery Company
- 5 Things Western Businesses Can Learn From Japanese Customer Service
- 5 Outstanding Customer Service Lessons From The World’s Best Hotels
- 3 Outstanding Customer Service Lessons From David’s Tea
Some people call me Big Ben… Which means “poop” in Japanese.
I currently live in Tokyo, Japan. But I’m from Essex, England and over the last 3 years I’ve lived in Vienna, Lisbon, Valencia, Zagreb, Yokohama, Ho Chi Minh City, Chiang Mai, Montreal, Toronto, Québec City, Phoenix, Budapest, and visited many more. It’s been fun but tiring. I’m settling down now.
I graduated from Oxford University. I studied English Language and Literature. Reading a lot of books is cool but it’s no substitute for actual experience.
When I was 10, I said I would never ever work in advertising. Oh, how things have changed…
After reading and writing A LOT, the following three things have improved my writing:
- Learning languages
- Breathing meditation, working out, and eating right
If you wanna see a ton of graphic dick pics, you probably don’t want to check out my Instagram. But if you want to see occasional snaps from my travels, you might like it.
If you fancy reading a bunch of random stories and advice and maybe getting a cheap laugh, check out my Quora. I’ve had around 3.1 million views to date and over 3.7k followers so there must be some value in my raving nonsense.
Want to contact me?
Join my monthly book recommendation newsletter. I reply to all emails so the best way to talk to me is by hitting reply on the newsletter. You can also reach me at email@example.com
Disclaimer: This site uses affiliate links for some products. If you purchase something after clicking one of these links, I may receive a small commission (at no extra cost to you). I only ever recommend products I personally use and believe in 100%. I’m also not a doctor or lawyer so use due diligence if you choose to follow my advice and always consult a professional. This website is for entertainment purposes only. Translation: I ain’t takin’ no responsibility for any foolish thing yo ass does.